Monday, March 31, 2014 – Now these packs look tough. The Isle Royale Bushcraft Packs by Frost River “are built to carry big loads.” They’re made of 18 oz. waxed canvas, premium leather, and solid brass hardware, with a bit of buckskin on the straps. Needless to… spied it, liked it, we want one!
$265 – $310
- Size / Volume: I.R. 23″h x 15″w x 8″d, actual 2760 c.i. Expanded volume, 4968 c.i. (approx.) I.R. Jr. 18″h x 15″w x 6″d, actual 1620 c.i. Expanded volume, 2916 c.i.(approx.) I.R. Mini 15″h x 15″w x 5″d, actual 1125 c.i. Expanded volume, 2025 c.i. (approx.) I.R. pockets 11″h x 5″w x 3″d. Jr. pockets 10.5″h x 5″w x 3″d. Mini pockets 8″h x 5″ x 3″d.
- Weight: I.R. approx. 7 lbs, I.R. Jr. approx. 5.5 lbs. Mini approx. 4.4 lbs.
- Pockets: 4 external (2, two in one, 2 slip.) 1 internal map pocket.
- Closure: Internal rain flaps, large flap over main compartment.
- Shoulder Straps: Harness leather, foam pad, buckskin, plus sternum strap.
- Compression System: Leather strap and buckle, cord, and D-rings.
- Base: Double Canvas
- Materials: 18 oz. waxed canvas, premium leather, solid brass hardware.